Tooth Whitening - Zero Sensitivity Bleaching
What difference can teeth whitening make for your smile?
Statistics reveal that Americans place a high value on their smile. According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® national survey:
- Virtually all adults (99.7%) believe a smile is an important social asset.
- 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the
- Three-quarters (74%) of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success.
- And when respondents were asked, “What would you most like to improve about your smile?” The most common response was: Whiter & Brighter Teeth.
If you are not happy with your smile, teeth whitening may provide the solution.
Teeth Whitening Procedures Can Help:
- Lighten coffee-stained teeth.
- Remove cigarette and tobacco discolorations.
- Correct yellowing in teeth due to aging.
We invite you to come to our office for a consultation to find out which teeth whitening procedure is best for you.
The following are two options for whitening your teeth.
In-Office Power Teeth Whitening
- A teeth whitening gel containing a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth.
- In-office teeth whitening can often be accomplished in one visit to the dentist.
- Home teeth whitening may be recommended to enhance the effects.
At-Home Dentist-Supervised Teeth Whitening
- The patient wears a custom-fitted mouth tray containing a teeth whitening gel for a few hours each day or night.
- The trays can be adjusted to lighten individual teeth.
- The average patient will wear mouth trays for one to two weeks. More severe stains can often be improved with extended use of a home teeth whitening system.
AACD Dentist Supervised Treatments vs. Over-the-Counter Kits
Numerous over-the-counter teeth whitening products are now available, but dentist-supervised teeth whitening remains the safest and most effective method for brightening your smile. Here are some key reasons why you should always consult with your AACD dentist.
Proper Fitting Mouth Trays
Often, over-the-counter teeth whitening trays do not fit the patient’s mouth properly. Improperly fitting trays may cause the teeth whitening gel to leak and can result in gum irritation and a less effective treatment.
More Comfortable Solutions
With today’s dentist-supervised systems, even patients with sensitive teeth can undergo teeth whitening treatment.
Be sure to consult with your local AACD member cosmetic dentist to find out which teeth whitening treatment is best for you. Teeth whitening remains one of the most economical ways to enhance your smile.